Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Milagro Tipu Tree War


Wow. I cut down a tipu in my yard a while ago because I was worried it was going to break into my septic tank. Good thing I kept it on the down low. Central kids are getting a first hand and hands on lesson in civil disobedience from Andrew. I think it's awesome that teachers took classes up there. That is called a 'teachable moment' in edu-speak. Unfortunately, Lean King wasn't too happy with the use of time, saying "that students can learn about community activism but can't join a rally on school time." Hopefully he wasn't too hard on the PEC administration and staff. This ongoing episode is reminding me of The Milagro Beanfield War

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He slammed the staff - thank goodness he is retiring.

Anonymous said...

"He slammed the staff" - who? Not the King?
Please answer my prayers and tell me King is retiring?